Dr Diet

Nutrition In A Nutshell!

10 Quick fire tips to form your nutritional strategy for optimum health & performance.

  1. Avoid the Four White Devils: White milk, White flour products, White sugar & White Table Salt. Go organic & unprocessed if possible.
  2. If you can’t pronounce the word on the label, don’t eat it!
  3. What did our ancestors eat? If it wasn’t around 10000 years ago then we’re not designed to eat it!
  4. Avoid pasteurized fruit juices, the enzymes & nutrients contained have mostly been frizzled & killed off through pasteurization – Dead sugar water. Always fresh juice but drink straight away as 50% of nutrients frizzle off in the first 30 mins.
  5. The longer the food lasts for on the shelf generally speaking the worse for our health it will be. Anything in plastic packaging will absorb chemicals from the plastic over time.
  6. Choose produce & meats in this priority order:
  • Certified organic free-range meats.
  • Organic meat.
  • Local farmer free-range meats.
  • Commercial hormone free meats.
  • Commercial meats.
  1. Drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day or Kgx 0.033 = how many litres per day.
  2. Follow the 80/20 rule. Eat well 80% of the time & what you want excluding junk food the other 20% of the time. You don’t need to be rigid, just intelligent around your food choices.
  3. Eat right for your metabolic type according to what your body needs. More on this as the challenge goes on!
  4. Respect food as something that makes you the person that you are, it is not simply fuel to bargain shop for! Remember – every cell in your body is made up of something that you once ate. What do you want to be made of?

 

Share this post

Sign up for our Newsletter

More to explore